Countdowns

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Negative Times a Negative Equals a Positive. I can't explain it, but I think it has something to do with Fairy Dust, Santa and a Four-Leaf Clover.

Dear Secret Blogiary,

I’ve been looking back over the past few posts and realized that not only are they negative but I sound pretty miserable! Unfortunately, that is the mood I have been in lately, but that it not who I am!

I am not by nature a negative person, I worry a bit, in fact Mister W seems to think I have got worrying down to a science and should try to publish a “worry-wart” manual! But negative? I don’t do that too often.

It would be easy to claim that everyone goes through depressed times and it would be such a nice crutch to lean on to say that the current economical and societal influences have gotten me down. But I like to take responsibility for myself. And besides which, not everything is the economy’s fault.

It is ironic that at work, I am that person everyone goes to for advice. You know the one that offers the friendly smile and always has some positive spin on a bad situation.

Lately though, I have been obviously quieter, withdrawn and moody. I am sure that it is a passing phase, but I think that eventually, working with and in the system takes a toll and I have reached a critical point.

Which leads me back to being negative.

Over the next few weeks I am going to make every effort to find the positive. I am going to be like Pollyanna on crack! I’ll play that silly “Glad Game” and rediscover the positive in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment