Countdowns

Monday, October 18, 2010

If I was any busier I might actually get something accomplished.

Dear Secret Blogiary,

Ten Things I should be doing right now instead of playing on the Internet:

10 – laundry.

You can not imagine the pile of laundry that has accumulated in front of my laundry closet. This is what happens: I can’t seem to get the hang of doing a load of laundry every night. I like separating: whites, lights, darks, and delicates. You know the deal. So when the weekend comes, I spend time doing laundry…unless of course I have more pressing needs to attend, like for example: going to the zoo, playing D&D, crafting anything, talking on the phone with my out of state BFF. All these things take precedent over stupid laundry.

9 – cleaning the kitchen.

Or at the very least, running the dishwasher, but since I am also thinking about running laundry I have a vital decision to make. Clean spoons or clean underwear. Hmmm.

8 – grading papers

The end of the quarter is Friday and I have a stack of 110 final exams + 110 final essays + all the assignments that should have been turned in weeks ago that are now just getting turned in because OMG not doing work amazingly equals failing grade and since I am not allowed to actually fail a student, I have to offer grade recovery in the form of “please turn in your work whenever you feel like it, I have to accept it.”

7 – reading

Back in the bookstore we met and fell totally in love. How your blurbs caught my eye and your first chapters sang to me. It didn’t matter one bit that I had other books with me you were all fine with sharing my affection. And then, what do I do? Plop you on a shelf and occasionally glance your way with longing. I’m sorry, this time it really is me, not you.

6 – watching my Netflix

I have been waiting and waiting for an opportunity to sit and watch “A Town Called Panic.” I have yet to have the T.V. to myself. And since I refuse to allow T.V. in other rooms, I wait….Netflix waits…

5 – walking the dog

Oh love my dog, don’t get me wrong, but I have learned since owning my dog, that I don’t really like them. And I really don’t like interacting with the dog. So what should be a brisk 45 minute walk around the neighborhood twice a day is really only a five minute pee and poop break. I really need to get back into the habit as the dog is going stir crazy and to be honest, I guess I might be too.

4 – getting the lunches for tomorrow

Mornings are always rushed, panicked and disruptive in my house. I rarely make it to the bus stop and four out of the five days, I drive Little Sis to school. I really don’t mind, but I hate that early morning rush when it feels like my house is where the rush hour traffic bottlenecks from six lanes into one. The nights that I do prep for lunches always result in a smoother panic free morning.

3 – lesson planning

Since Mister W and I have talked about our plans for the future my desire to do anything work related has tanked. Unfortunately, this poses a slight problem as I am still expected to attempt to teach. As of 9:30pm, I still have no idea what the plan is for tomorrow or how I might execute said plan.

2 – sleeping

Mister W complains every year that between October and January, he never sees me. I’m here, but October through January is my “peak” seasons when I indulge in all manner of craftiness from painting to scrapbooking to writing to sewing. I often go into overdrive and rarely do I go to bed before 1 AM during these months.

1 – WRITING!!!

OMG!! NANWRIMO is almost here and I have done NOTHING! Nothing, I say, to prep! Oh I’ve given some thought to characters, to plot, to setting… but I still don’t know what I am planning on writing. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was thinking about a vampire romance spoof and an apocalyptic humorous story, or maybe even going back to work on a story from long ago. Well, it just so happened that I caught a report on NPR about the T.V. show Sister Wives and that got another story all jumping through my brain like it was a kangaroo in heat! So I am now quadruplely torn. What to do! What to do!


PS - obviously I failed on the whole post every day for a month gig but I pinky promise, I will try to be better. Really. I've got a number of posts I am working on and a Banagram Tuesday puzzle for tomorrow! You can count on me. Mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment